Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's My Birthday!

I LOVE birthdays!  I always have.

Last Shabbat was my birthday according to the Jewish calendar, and today is my birthday according to the Gregorian calendar.

I have not done anything really special.  But, I am happy knowing that I am celebrating my 44th birthday.

As my father always says, "growing older is better than the alternative!"

Tonight we will be celebrating my nephew's Bar Mitzvah, here in Israel.

In the US, a very special young woman, whose mother I was privileged to know, is getting married tonight.  On this day, that will now always be special for both of us, I want her to know that I am thinking of her and wishing her all the happiness in the world!  (you know who you are!!)

Anyway, like last year, I again have a request for What I Really Want For My Birthday.

I LOVED all the letters I received last year!!  Thank you for sharing your appreciation of who I am, and making me feel loved beyond measure!

This year, please send me your favorite memory of me. 

Feel free to send more than one memory, especially if you have funny memories.

Like last year:
PLEASE be specific. PLEASE share details or examples.

Please send your letter via email.

Please include how I know you -- unless I would know who you are, even if you woke me up at 3:00 in the morning and I was half asleep.

Please take your time. This means a lot to me. So give it some thought.

Like last year, if you can't think of anything, or you don't have time, you are welcome to send expensive chocolates! (or yummy candy!)



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Mazal tov (to you)! Mazal tov (to your nephew and the ganze mishpucha)! Mazal tov (to the kallah and her beloved and their whole families)!

May you have oodles of simchas throughout your very long life!!!

Hasya Ya'ara said...

Happy Birthday.

May you have many, many more.

You continue to be in my prayres. I am so glad that we have met through Blogging.

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday! May you have many, many, many more. May your day be special with somebody else cooking and lotsa presents! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. May you have many more to come, so you can spoil your children with your cooking..
Krystyna

Liba said...

Mazal tov!!

The book idea is a great one.

I have one my father's friend's put together of all of their memories. It is all put into sheet protectors in a three ring notebook and each of my siblings, my mother and I have a copy and treasure them.

They are great for laughs and tears.

I hope to talk to you again soon.

Shabat shalom!

mikimi said...

Happy Belated Birthday.