Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 25, 2010

CA 125

One of my markers, CA 125, jumped significantly, according to my most recent blood test, on February 11th (my birthday).

My CA 125 has been around 22.5 for weeks.  It is now 42.1, almost double what it was a month ago.

There are many factors that can cause a fluxuation in this marker (see this link).

Nonetheless, this rise, coupled with an increase in pain (of which I am aware only because I am taking pain killers more often), has me worried.

There is probably nothing to be worried about. 

Still, for this (the increase in pain) and other reasons (the pain and swelling in my thigh), I did a CT scan last Thursday of my lower back, pelvis, and upper thigh.

Even if the results show "nothing new," I will still be anxious.

Last time, it took 6 months to identify progression in my bones.

Like I wrote above, it is probably nothing. (So, mom, please don't freak out.)

I'm just sharing what is going on (in my mind, as well as my body).



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

7 comments:

Liba said...

Adar is supposed to be a good month.

I hope that the markers are back down next draw. Might it have something to do with the pharmacy issues?

Love and prayers for you!

Robin said...

xoxox

Staying Afloat said...

Davening for you this Purim...

RivkA with a capital A said...

Liba -- who knows? markers are not difinitive. there are so many factors that can cause them to fluctuate. we'll have to keep testing them, and see what happens.

You know, "wait and see."

Don't you just love that?


Robin & Staying Afloat -- thanx

Baila said...

Wishing you all the best for Purim....

Ilana said...

We'll continue davening! Love, Ilana

Rieshy said...

I'll be praying in TN.