I cancel swimming lessons!
I debated all last night and all this morning. I knew what I should do, I just did not want to do it. So, I put off the decision until the very last minute, hoping that I would miraculously get better and be able to teach swimming.
I have been sick (AGAIN!), since last week. No fever, nothing horrible, just a non-stop runny nose and a post-nasal-drip cough (the cough sometimes seems a little too deep in my chest -- if I am not better by tomorrow, I might actually go see a doctor). Oh yeah, and on Shabbat I had no voice (again!).
Anyway, I knew I really should cancel swimming lessons, but I really did not want to.
Eventually, I just could not ignore the fact that I still had only half a voice, my congestion was driving me crazy, I still had somewhat regular coughing fits, and I just plain did not feel well!
So, I emailed and called all my parents. to let them know that we would not be having any more swimming lessons until after Pesach (Passover). All my parents were supportive and understanding, as I knew they would be. But I was still bummed.
I knew it was the right decision, but I did not like it. In addition to everything else, I am getting chemo a day early and need my blood count to be good. Also, Pesach is in a week and I don't want to spend it sick in bed!
So, I did the responsible, grown-up thing to do.
Now, I am going to crawl back into bed with my tissues and a good book!
Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.
With love and optimism,
School Of Hard Knocks
1 day ago