Powered by WebAds

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ain't it good to know, You've got a friend

"I'm coming to visit you," says my friend, after reading some of my recent posts.

"I'm OK," I reassure her.

"I'm coming anyway," she repeats, emphatically.

"I'm really not that bad," I reiterate, "I am already coming out of my slump."

"I know," she acknowledges, "I want to come. I think you can use the support."

Who am I to argue?

She's one of my best friends in the entire world. I miss her terribly.

"OK," I accede, "Let me know when you want to come."

I feel so loved.

I did not want her to come because she was worried. I know that I am OK, even if I have been feeling a little down.

But I am thrilled for her to come and play with me!!

She used to live here, and we have been through a lot together!

Well, she arrived Wednesday night!

I am so excited.

We are going to run away together.

My kids pouted a little, feeling slightly deprived that I am not taking them along. But I know they understand. I need a rest. And, as my friend jokingly pointed out to them, "If they come along, I won't rest." The kids laughed, knowing that it's true.

So, hopefully, we are off tomorrow!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

5 comments:

Baila said...

Shavua Tov, RivkA!

Is this a friend who lives in the "old country"?

How great for you! That is the singular most difficult thing for me about my Aliyah: leaving my soul-mate friends back in the US. It's so great when they come, and when you can have quality time together. Enjoy every minute, "magia lach!"

A Living Nadneyda said...

Have a wonderful time. (Sneak in some scuba diving).

Anonymous said...

Hi from Chicago! I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I am reading it here in Evanston, Illinois. I am a few blocks from Chicago. I am really enjoying your blog. I am approaching four years of being a cancer survivor. I am now 42. I am also Jewish. I so understand so many of the things that you write in here being a survivor. Keep writing, I hope that many people that have never had cancer can read what you have to say because it is enlightening.
One thing that I have taken from here is not only, yes you are dealing with cancer , but that you are living a full life and that cancer is but a part of that complete life.

Lisa in Chicago

Batya said...

Enjoy!
My hs best friend is in Israel for a few weeks, and we've seen each other a few times.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Baila -- actually, she's my friend from THIS country, who moved back to the "old" country.

ALN -- I'll post about that soon....

Lisa -- Welcome!!

You wrote "One thing that I have taken from here is not only, yes you are dealing with cancer , but that you are living a full life and that cancer is but a part of that complete life." -- that is certainly my goal! You articulated it well!

Muse -- Here's to old, and new, friends!!