Powered by WebAds

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Overly Optimistic & New Pain Theory

******warning: biological details******

Wish I could report that I am feeling better.  I am not.

I am not worried about anything serious.  My biggest concern last week was that maybe the pain was from a strangulated hernia, but the doctor confirmed that my symptoms do not match that situation. 

We both agreed that the pain was consistant with constipation.  The laxative he prescribed seems to have cleared out my intestines, but it has not fully resolved the pain.  The initial pain is significantly less, but I still have sharp pain whenever I breathe deeply or yawn.  And I am still uncomfortable when lying on my side or sitting up.

My new theory is that I must have pulled a muscle during the period when I was constipated and trying to relieve myself.  (sorry for the graphic description, but it is what it is).

I might have pulled a muscle around my lower lung or somewhere in my upper abdomen.  Either way, if I am correct, it will take a while for the muscle to heal, so I do not expect relief anytime in the next few days (or nights).

Nights are really the worst, because I keep waking up from pain.  I have not had a pain free, good night's sleep in over a week.

And I wonder why I am so tired.....



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

5 comments:

Bernie said...

At least with a pulled muscle you know it will heal and the pain will be go away......hope you sleep well tonight.....:-)Hugs

Karen said...

In my prayers.Hope you are feeling better very soon.....

Cheryl Pitt said...

Oh dear I'm sorry! I will keep you in prayer.

mikimi said...

still sounds like an internal hernia to me.ask for another CT if by the end of the week you are still majorly suffering.narcotics can cause the constipation.refua shhelayma.

Unknown said...

Could it be pain from pulling or tearing of adhesions (הדבקויות)? I have heard of that happening after multiple abdominal surgeries - and it is very painful. I hope that it heals quickly and that you have relief from all pain. You are always in my tfilot.