Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat)

So, a week has passed. I no longer feel the intense pressure (like a watermellon is trying to exit my head, via my ear). However, I still have pain, ringing and the sensation that my ear is "clogged."

I almost went the ENT clinic yesterday (Tuesday), since my ear was hurting a lot, but I decided to stick it out one more day.


Today (Wednesday), the ENT doctor said my ear looks better. He noted that, though the process is slow, there is improvement.

So, I get to...... "come back next week."

Meanwhile, I am done with the oral antibiotics and back to the antibiotic ear drops.

The hole in my eardrum is closed, much to my relief! (I suspect it closed last Thursday)

Doctors do not treat it as such a big deal, even if the hole does not close. The only thing it changes is you are not allowed to SCUBA dive. Now, it is true that I do not SCUBA dive.... yet. But that is one of the things on my "things I want to do" list....

And, since I am pouting, I will just say that this was supposed to be my week off!

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY understand your pain except mine was related to an abcessed tooth. It was just like you said no sleep just waves of pain in the ear, face and jawline.
$3000 and 3hrs later I am finally
not wanting to pull my hair out.
Now I'm waiting for a new crown.
I hope you get relief soon. You have so much on your plate already. God Bless and keep the faith okay? KELLI

Gila said...

Refuah shlemah! Glad to hear that things are improving.