Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ear Ache -- AGAIN! STILL? When Will This Be Over??

5:30 in the morning.

WAKE UP IN PAIN!!

I thought I was over this part!!

WRONG!!

I'm in pain, like there was no yesterday!

Last night, after I posted, I went to bed, and realized the terrible ringing in my ears was still there. But the pain was less, and I was SO confident that I would get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling better.

MY EAR HURTS!! And so does my right JAW!!

I am so sick and tired of this!!

I took the ear drops and another Percocet (10 minutes early; I don't care!)

A few more minutes, and the drug should kick in....

My head feels like it is going to EXPLODE!

The Percocet is starting to work....



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

6 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

I hope by the time you're reading this, you feel better...

Rahel Jaskow said...

I really hope that the infection clears up quickly and you'll soon be pain-free!

Anonymous said...

I really hope you're feeling better by now, and the next bits of advice are not neccessary:

1)regarding the earache - if there is an infectio n going on behind the eardrum with fluid pressing on it and making it bulge (painful and also explains the ringing)- if the antibiotics aren't helping there's a chance of it rupturing and damaging the eardrum, it may be preferable to have it lanced and drained (like kids who get tubes("kaftorim") put in). a ruptured eardrum may heal itself, but is also at risk for hearing impairment.

2)regarding the ringing: if it's has a mechanical cause (like fluid pressing on some part of the ear), then removing the fluid shouold get rid of the ringing. however, if you have an inner ear problem (the nerve behind the cochlea is affected)then the inflamed nerve may be causing the "ringing" sensation (along with vertigo in some cases). the sensation can be ameliorated by interrupting it with "white noise" (fan working, radio playing quietly, etc). there are also medications for dealing with inner ear disturbances more directly.

you might want to ask your doctor about either/both of the above if they haven't been tried/considered yet.

feel better soon!
love me :^> bw

ps- we need to make a pente date- i haven't played in AGES!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are still feeling so awful! Wishing you a refuah shelayma

Anonymous said...

I wish you a restful night and a more comfortable Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Pain meds, coffee, ibuprofen and aspirin are all OTOTOXIC to the ear. Eliminate these for a few weeks and you will definitely feel better.