Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 27, 2007

Vanilla Bean

I'm tired. (no surprise!)

Before I go to sleep, I thought I'd share with you my nicknames for one of the drugs I'm taking.

The brand name of the drug I get (2 out of every 3 weeks) is Navalbine. Which sounds to me like: Navel Bean! (as in your belly button!)

I think that's a much funner -- and funnier -- name!

But that name came after I renaimed the drug's generic name -- vinorelbine: Vanilla Bean!

Doesn't that sound a lot nicer!

Makes me think of ice cream!

Yummm.....

:-)

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to come up with cute names for the medication we give children in my pediatric office. Mmmmmmmm. Try this strepopsicle, it's delicious.
They make a numbing lolipop for people with Coxsackie virus who have bad mouthsores. The pharmacy calls it a Coxsackie sucker, but that's not what anyone really calls it (get it?).
Thinking of you, Larry (The Maggid)

Anonymous said...

Dear RivkA,
What a great way to think of the drug-Kol Hakavod.
I am so happy that can can read what you're up to.
Thinking of you always
Love
Yael Shedlo

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of a good friend from high school who used to send the english spelling of hebrew and yiddish words (i.e. "chesed" or "emet" or "daven")through her english-language spellcheck and see what the computer came up with, and then she'd formulate divrei torah using the words. sort of like hebrew-english gematria. the results were hysterical. try it!