Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

11 Hours of Chemo & Lots to Tell: The First Few Hours

So, besides all the technical difficulties of my chemo-day-from-hell (CDfH), the day started off pretty well.

("besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?")

Moshe brought me to the oncology day ward at around 10:00, and my "coffee and chemo" date arrived around 11:00, with another friend!

Yael brought along her sister, Esther. What a pleasant surprise! I know both from my women's tefillah group. And I am friends with their daughters as well (also from the tefillah group). And many years ago, in my Yavneh Olami days, I ran a program in which two of Yael's daughters participated. Small world!

Anyway, Yael even brought games! What a clever idea!! (we didn't play until later...)

We had an interesting conversation. During the course of our discussion, a woman sitting next to us joined in. It turned out that Esther and the woman knew each other from many years ago, from Be'er Sheva! Definitely a small world!

The woman doesn't come in every week, so it was a special coincidence that both were there on the same day! And it was a moving reunion for both.

Just one of the good things that comes out of bad situations....

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: