Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tired, but GREAT!

I am soooo tired! But I feel really good, B"H! :-)

I just taught swimming for four hours! It was great being out in the sun -- though I forgot to put on sunscreen! oops! :-} (don't tell Moshe)

I had great classes!! A few of "my" kids made real breakthroughs today! That is always so exciting!

Summer is winding down and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do during the year.

On the one hand, I am always so tired after teaching on Thursdays. On the other hand, I always feel so good when I'm teaching!

I love teaching. And the thought of cutting out one of my days just makes me sad. But it's really tough. And sometimes I think it's not fair to my kids that I take time from my "good days" to teach, instead of spendingmy time with them.

That said, I feel that the more "normal" a life I can lead, the better it is for ALL of us. And I really LOVE teaching swimming.

Throughout the whole cancer thing, teaching swimming has symbolized my return to health. After all the surgeries, I awaited the moment that I could get back in the water and teach. Teaching meant getting my life back!

Anyway, it's all about ballance. I'm still trying to figure it all out and it might take me some time.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep teaching.....

'cause it feels great!

:-)

Shabbat Shalom!

Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

10 comments:

shaiya rothberg said...

hi again, great that you sound so great. you know, this whole blog thing is really pretty cool. i've actually never really paid attention to a personal blog where you can respond like this. it creates a whole world.
lila tov,
shaiya

Anonymous said...

our kids love the swimming, so we're glad you're back too!

Anonymous said...

Swimming is one of the most relaxing calming wonderful pastimes and teaching someone to do so has to be the beginning of a wonderful life so I say go for it and your kids will certainly love a calmer happier mother. I think water is the only place to get away from it all and i certainly think my best and figure out the most under water
I am really glad you send me your blog since i left a few messages and can certainly see why you don't have much time to respond but i was very happy to "hear" from you. keep up the optimisim it is much better than any of the drugs lots of love +please let me know if you need anything
varda

Dr. Shargel said...

RivkA-
I am so happy that you set up this blog. It is great to see what's happening with you. Keep on teaching-- it's really magical and uplifting!

Shavua tov,
Love,
Rebecca (from New York)

Unknown said...

Rivka--

Davenig for you every day---and thank you so much for writing this blog so we can keep up with your days! Just want to know that i AM thinking about you--happy thoughts---and yah, ofcourse, keep swimming!!!!
-Leah (UYO)

Anonymous said...

Shavuah Tov RivkA! Just a hello to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending happy healing thoughts. This blog is so excellent a way of feeling close to you and feeling you close to me. Brilliant idea. Thanks.
Keep on swimming and smiling.
Love,
Nomi (Lerner)

Anonymous said...

Hey RivkA/Karen! There is nothing my daughter Yaeli loves more than swimming.... so we are waiting for you here in Tel Mond!

Love ya,
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Opps, didn't mean to be "anonymous" above. I mean, I know we just had this "lurker" conversation, and I don't want you to think I am lurking here. Haha... :-) Let's try this again with my name.

Anonymous said...

i think it's almost always a struggle for women to choose between our kids and our "work outside the home," as they call it now... (what, when i take my kids out for pizza or something, i've taken myself "off the job?" i think not!).

like everything else, there has to be a balance here too.... but even sociological research has shown that when women are satisfied with their outside work, their kids are happier.

after all, do your kids deserve more of your "good days" than you yourself do? no way....they deserve a mom who's doing her best to keep herself healthy in body and in spirit... so keep swimming!

(hey, i cracked the technology barrier!)

Anonymous said...

OK, so bear with me while I get the hang of keeping up w/ your life/being in touch with you. I am now learning that I should catch up on what's written here before initiating conversations (had I done so before today I would have been aware that you addressed the issue of energy for swim lessons and we could have talked about something you haven't covered in writing yet)!
In any case, it was great to see you. :-) to you.