Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vacation from the Internet

It took almost a week to get hooked up to the internet. 

In some ways I did not miss it.  We were way too busy for me to blog! Taking a break from email, meant not dealing with ANYTHING!

Most importantly, no one fought over the computer!!

Well, on Wednesday, my brilliant husband finally configured everything and last night there was a LINE to get onto our one computer!

You might think I had top priority, since it is my computer.  You would be wrong!

I let my daughter on for 5 minutes, which turned into 45 minutes of "I'll be done soon," (no big surprise to some of you, but really annoying to me!).  Then Moshe, who had thought he would be in daily contact with work, had to take check in there.  I think it took him less time to catch up on a week's work than it took our teenage daughter to Facebook her friends!!

I checked less than a page of back emails, posted yesterday's quick post, and went to sleep!

Special thanks goes to my dad, who FedExed a blackberry for us to use to get connected!

I know there are plenty of places with free wi-fi, but it's hard to go to a coffee shop and blog from bed at the same time!



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I unsubbed from Facebook & I can't believe how free-ing that in itself feels. Technology is great... I love it... but too much of any good thing isn't the best. Welcome back to cyberspace tho, RivkA... I, for one of many, missed you! xoxoxo

Melissa said...

RivkA,

Welcome back and Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah.