Powered by WebAds

Friday, November 21, 2008

Back to "Normal"

Well, the house is quiet, we have no more company, and life is returning to "normal." (whatever that is)

I am trying to keep within me a piece of the peace and tranquility that I experienced these past two weeks.

I will forever be grateful to my friend, ABH, for taking me away and for giving me such wonderful experiences. I am also grateful to her husband, for making it possible, to her mother, for her support and encouragement, and to her kids, for sharing their mom with me.

I am also grateful to my husband, who made it possible for me to go and who picked up all the loose ends, and to my kids, who graciously let me go and have fun and did not make me feel guilty at all.

It is not a small thing for a mom to "run away." The logistics can be overwhelming. But we did it. And our houses are still standing.

Of course, I have a long list of things to do now. But I would have that list in any case.

Meanwhile, as happy as I am relieved to return to my family, I miss my friend already. It was a real treat to have her around and be able to talk with her about everything!

When she lived here, we used to talk ALL the time (multiple times a day). We would share everything -- little tidbits, interesting experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc. And we would often turn to each other for advice, each of us possessing different strengths, and complementing each others' knowledge and abilities. I miss that.

Having visitors from abroad just makes you miss them that much more when they leave....

For now, no more guests.... until Chanukah, when, hopefully, my brother and his family are coming



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rivka,
I guess I'm late since it's already shabbat ba'aretz. But let me wish you a shabbat shalom nonetheless. You're in my thoughts.
All the best, Larry (Stiefel) (The Maggid of B)

RivkA with a capital A said...

So funny that you just left a comment now! I was just talking about you!! I spent Shabbat with some friends from Teaneck/NJ who were also in NCSY, and we were catching up on who is who/where/doing what/etc. I recommended your blog to them!