Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Upset Stomach

My stomach is so unhappy.... it makes me unhappy.

I was in such a good mood today. 

I am excited about Pesach and all the wonderful plans we have! 

I had my bone drug today, so I spent the morning at the hospital.  I had a date with a good friend who I have not seen in a long time.  It was great to spend the time with her.

Overall, it was a good morning.  My enthusiasm for our Pesach plans spilled over into every conversation I had, with friends, with acquaintances, with hospital stafff, etc.  I felt good.

Mid-morning, my stomach started hurting (again).  At first it did not bother me much.  As the day progressed, it only gotten worse.

I had to take a nap in the afternoon, rather than spending time with my kids.

When I woke, I did not feel better.  I am popping Lopi-Care (Imodium), but it has not helped yet.

To make matters worse, I am out of my acid-reflux medication (Omprepradex), so that is bothering me too.

In short, I feel physically miserable, and that makes me feel emotionally miserable.

Moshe's not home yet and the kids are fighting (over the computer -- what else?) and I cannot deal with it well, because I have no emotional resources left.

Oh, and my back hurts, and I have athlete's foot (again!  I NEVER had it before I got cancer and now I get it all the time!!), and dry hands, and my markers are still creaping up.

Have I mentioned lately how much I HATE HAVING CANCER?!!!!!!!!


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

11 comments:

michele said...

Oy. Stomach permitting, can you crawl into a hot bath with great smelling soap and just soak? Tune everyone out? Hoping you feel better soon.

Sarah said...

I also hate that you have to deal with cancer.

I also suggest looking up on google about systemic yeast- yeast that lives in the body and manifests itself in annoying symptoms all the time. Athlete's foot is a yeast. It could be obliterated finally with a yeast- infection diet for a week or so. The creams only suppress it, that's why it keeps coming back. It has to be dealt with by diet and then it won't return.

good luck, and I am looking forward to hearing about your Pesach plans. Keep your eyes on the prize!!

Batya said...

Refuah Shleimah!
I'm glad you're excited about Pesach. It'll give you koach, G-d willing.

mikimi said...

hope you get all your med supplies together before the holiday so you can just enjoy the holiday. if i had known you needed omapradex, i would have sent you. you can buy it without a prescription. B"h i don't need it anymore. hope the burnies go away 0 and stay away!

Anonymous said...

Ack!
ABH

Bernie said...

Cancer is horrible and I am sorry you are having such a bad day. I hope you now have all your medications and are feeling a bit better.....you really should keep a small basket with a few extra meds in it so you never have to be without any.......:-) Hugs

LeahGG said...

*hugs*

Rahel said...

Rivka, I hope you feel better soon. Sending hugs.

odm said...

Hope you are feeling better! Shavua tov.

Liba said...

I hope you had a restful Shabbat and are already feeling better.

I continue to daven for you.

Baila said...

It's Saturday night, (actually Sunday morning) and I'm hoping that by now you feel better. I hope it's a good week for you.