Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 31, 2007

A Cut Above the Rest

"What's the matter with kid's these days?"

A child, who shall remain nameless, took two, practically new, nice, thick T-shirts and cut out the necks.

The last time this child chopped up a T-shirt, cutting the neck, the sleeves and most of the bottom, I outlawed this practice. (The T-shirt was from the child's youth group, which meant that I had paid some outrageous price for it. Need I say more?)

So, I was most disturbed to see two more T-shirts, that were now unsuitable for wearing in public.

"They're pyjamas," protested the child, mistakenly thinking that would be sufficient justification.

Not in my book.

The child already has pyjamas.

And this child never complains "hey, I have nothing to sleep in."

But this child has been known to drive me crazy while packing a bag and complaining "I don't have any T-shirts for my ____________ " (fill in the blank: tiyul (hike), machaneh (camp), etc)

Of course not -- you keep cutting them up!


"Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way? What's the matter with kids today?"

(Lyrics from "Kids", in Bye Bye Birdie. Found the complete lyrics thanks to Cat's Place)


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

No comments: