Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chemo Day

Had chemo this past Tuesday. (new cycle: Herceptin & "vanilla bean")

Btw, chemo-Tuesday is way better than chemo-Sunday.

Getting chemo that Sunday, after the retreat, messed up my entire week. It was Thursday night before I felt enough energy to do anything. And, by then, the week was over. Blah.

This way (chemo on Tuesdays), I have at least a modicum of energy on Sunday and Monday. And, though I'm beat until Shabbat, I am not so drop-dead exhausted that I can't sit at the table with my family (at least for most of the meal).

So, Tuesday it is -- maximizing my good days without messing up Shabbat.

Anyway, this Tuesday, I met with my oncologist.

I found out:

1. The ultrasound (that I did on chemo-Sunday) showed less information that the non-iodine CT. So, no need for more ultrasounds. But, also, no way to find the information that we miss by not using the iodine contrast for the CT.

2. The back pain is worrisome. After all, if the drugs are working, why this new pain? So, I need another CT to examine the back.

Tomorrow, Thursday, I'm going in for the CT of my back. The results will be discussed on Monday. And I should know more on Tuesday. (Like, will I need radiation on my back?)

Oh yeah, there's more. Apparently sciatica can be triggered by the cancer.

Great!

On a positive note: I felt a lot more energy today, than on previous Wednesdays.

Could be because:
a. I slept for over 3 hours when I got home from chemo yesterday
b. I'm getting used to the drugs
c. I'm not fighting a stupid, common cold for the first time in three months
d. all of the above
e. none of the above

Don't you love it? There’s no way to know anything!


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Batya said...

Refuah Shleimah

As much as the doctors know, they don't know.

OK

It's only the "big doctor" who really knows, but that we know.

Going down to Tel Shiloh, G-d willing, this morning.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Tel Shilo is one of the places on my "list".

During the chagim, they usually have one day of "living history"(guides/actors in period clothing, telling the story of what happened to "them").

On Succot, the living history day was also my chemo day.

Maybe it will work out this Pesach... or next Succot...