Powered by WebAds

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hareisha

From the hilltop where my sister-in-law lives, you can see the entire Israeli coast-line, from Haifa to Ashdod.

It's pretty amazing.

To drive there, you drive through Talmon, up past an army base, then up and up and up and up.
Hareisha is a tiny yishuv on a mountain top. 25 young families, living in caravans.

My SIL and her family found this warm and welcoming community after they were kicked out of their home in Neve Dekalim.

They have re-established their home inside two carravans. My daughter, A, commented that they have a beautiful home. My SIL laughed, "we live in a cardboard box". Nonetheless, it's true, my SIL created a beautiful home inside her cardboard box. "We worked hard to make it nice," she added.

Over Shabbat, with our two families crowded into their modest home, we enjoyed watching the children play.

On a quiet and serene mountaintop, there is nothing more beautiful than the pure sound of children's laughter.



Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear RivkA,

I have been reading your blog. Some times I am joyful other times saddened.

I just want you to know that I love you. You are one of the most beautiful people in the world.

I pray the Lord's blessings, healing, and comfort upon you this day.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

RivkA with a capital A said...

Karen -- you are so wonderful. I am so lucky that you are my friend!

btw, I checked out your blog.

I don't know if I'm still a home-schooler "wanna be", but I still think it's cool!

:-)