Powered by WebAds

Friday, April 16, 2010

In the Paper and On-line -- see my picture!

My girlfriend just sent me this link:
http://www.jpost.com/Features/InThespotlight/Article.aspx?id=173143

I am not mentioned in the article, but that is definitely me in the picture!

Read the article.  It is about Hadadi, a wonderful new organization, founded by my good friend, Rochie.

Hadadi is a non-profit, comprehensive Breast Cancer Support Center, in Jerusalem. Check out their website!

Rochie was my main support person, when I first got diagnosed with breast cancer, in 2005.  At the time, we were just casual acquaintances.  She "adopted" me, and held my hand during that frightening journey.  She called me all the time, to see how I was doing and how she could help.  She guided me along that scary road, and supported me unconditionally, even when I made decisions that she believed were mistakes.  She recognized that I needed to choose the path that was right for me, and she was with me, every step of the way.

Rochie is an amazing woman, and the center she is creating will help countless women maneuver their way through the maze of breast cancer.

(if you got the Jerusalem Post last Thursday, April 15, please save that page for me!)


Please daven (or send happy, healing thoughts) for RivkA bat Teirtzel.

With love and optimism,
RivkA

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Rochie sounds like a wonderful woman and an even better friend, so glad she is there to support you.......:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

Dear RivkA,

Thank you so much for the kind words.
I am still davening, and sending happy, healing thoughts you way every day.

Hugs,
Rochie